Saturday, January 7, 2012

You are a Gem - Februari by Marie H Designs

Marie has just release her second part of her Birthstone series. Here is You are a Gem - February.
You can get it at GS and DSDI.

Amethyst is the birthstone of February and it's purple. The ancient Greeks and Romans believed that Amethyst could ward off the intoxicating power of Bacchus and also to keep the wearer clear-headed and quick-witted.

I don't think I've ever worked with purple kit before :). I searched trough my photo collection and Alyssa's toddler pictures are the closest I could get. Too bad none of my family were born on February, so I just used Alyssa photos instead. But it turned out quite nicely. Happy with the final result... I especially loved the white feathers against the purple canvas. Cute...


She also released a new template pack that is all about blocking. This template pack will help you create many layouts that with lots of photos and papers.You can grab it at GS and DSDI. I'm not a big fan of templates because I kinda feel boxed by it. I'd rather start from a scratch and follow where my design instinct tell me to go... lol. Therefore I didn't do any layout with this Template pack :).

No comments:

Post a Comment