Sunday, January 1, 2012

Freebies : Welcome 2021

Happy New Year everyone... My favorite quote of New Year is : We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.  by Edith Lovejoy Pierce. What's yours?

By the way, I've decided to do Project 52 this year. I'm going to try to scrap a page every week with at least 5 - 7 photos taken on that week. I feel that this project really challenges me to be more consistent and creative each week. To come out with fresh new look each week... not an easy challenge, huh? I read about this challenge in GS and SDD and I might join those forums for some inspiration. Who's with me? The more the merrier :).

I've got some useful advice from Kelly in her blog :
If you are thinking about doing P365 for 2011, here are my lessons learned:

  • Keep it simple. The easier you make everything the better chance you have of sticking to it and keeping up. Templates are wonderful for this!
  • Keep taking your POTDs even if you fall behind in doing your layouts. You can always go back to do your layouts but the pictures will be harder to duplicate.
  • Don’t stress if you miss a photo here or there. When this has happened to me, I will usually do a photo of a “favorite” or something that doesn’t change (like a house decoration, etc).
  • Take photos of the good and the bad to really show what your life is like.
  • Hand the camera off to someone else sometimes! You should definitely have photos of yourself included in your P365.
  • If you have a hard time picking just one photo a day, pick the one that you are less likely to scrapbook.
  • Your POTD doesn’t have to be a photo you took. I have used screen shots of e-mails or photos from online sources. Use whatever tells the story for you

Have you got some wonderful moments taken by your camera last night? Want to scrap them? I've got just the perfect Quick Page for it. This QP is created with Welcome 2012 by PictureDesigns and it's currently on 30% sale at Scrappity-Doo-Dah. I just love this kit, especially the sophisticated look of the frames :). As an addition of your photos, you can write your New Year resolution under the frames too, so you won't forget!

You can download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment