Saturday, February 4, 2012

February Challenges Combination


Whenever I could, I like to combine challenges in different forums. I feel the satisfaction of creating only a layout to fulfill as many requirements in different challenges as possible. Like this one project for example, I started with the Previous Month Daily Download challenge with kit from Ginger Scraps by LauraMarie Scrapped caled New Day.

Then, I turned to Cardinal's Mega Mix Up challenge at Scrappity-Doo-Dah, in which I have to lift other participant's layout above me. I chose to lift a layout from Aulia's gallery because her collections are all simple yet beautiful. This layout called Sweet Love is the one I picked. I personally very rarely to create clean style layout like this, mine is usually packed with loads of elements with very little white space. But, I tried to do something different this time.

At last, I need font to do the title and journaling, right? So, I went to Scrapbook-Bytes to see the Font challenge. And I love the choice of the font with the name of Old Press (available at Dafont.com).

So, with combination of a kit, a layout to scraplift and a font from 3 challenges, I managed to finish this layout. Voila...what do you think? I used picture of me, Adin, Alyssa and their daddy (minus Acha, she was to small to tag along) while we were at Freed Family Gathering event. I loved the big lovely white swing we found in Tree House Cafe, when we stopped by for lunch. The decoration of this cafe is so sweet and romantic, I even signed up for membership there!

No comments:

Post a Comment